At Thndr we believe that investing should be easy and accessible to everyone. We started our journey to democratize investment in the region by removing commissions, account opening minimums, and launching an intuitive platform with a focus on education. This way investing opportunities can be attainable to all, no matter their income level or expertise.
As a Software developer with the Frontend React-Web specialty you will be working on the our internal tools and web app.
What You'll Do
Engaging in the Shaping Phase
- Join feature shaping sessions, before the feature is added to our development cycle.
- Contributing to Feature Flow diagrams.
- Participating in feature onboarding prior or during spring planning.
Engaging in the Shipping Phase
- Research and develop the features
- Write tests
- Answering adhocs during your On-call Time (addressing customer reported bugs and helping support figure out what's up)
What We Expect From You
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Transition existing React Web apps components to React Native and vice-verca.
- Knowledge of functional and object-oriented programming
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Worked with state management solutions.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring and design tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image or design assets. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus for images. Figma, Sketch, XD for UI
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git) and worked in popular platforms.
Bonus - Nice to have
- Take Figma designs and convert them to Code
- Work with overmindJS as this is our state management solution.
- Built Node or other server side applications dealing with system IO, DB, Shell, or other 3rd party applications
- Experience with building a React application facing real users.
- Was owner/responsible for a full product or large feature section of a product.
- Experience with Firebase.
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest or Mocha.
- Worked with a designer to deliver a feature.
- Worked with another engineer(s) on a product feature.
- Worked In an agile process (or aware and want too)
- Computer Science or similar degree background
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying