At Thndr we believe that investing should be easy and accessible to everyone. We started our journey to democratize investment in the region by removing commissions, account opening minimums, and launching an intuitive platform with a focus on education. This way investing opportunities can be attainable to all, no matter their income level or expertise.
Thndr is an investment platform that aims to democratize access to investing for everyday individuals in MENA. For the people who use Thndr, our app represents a seamless way for them to achieve financial independence and growth, without the need to have prior financial knowledge or access to huge capital.
The company was formed to primarily address 2 problems: 1) Existing products are not relevant and 2) Financial literacy is low. We’re looking to solve this by focusing on education, offering a seamless and intuitive product, removing barriers and building an investment supermarket.
We launched in Egypt in late 2020 and currently allow our users to learn, connect & invest in the Egyptian Exchange, Egyptian mutual funds and the US Stock Market.
The journey ahead will be long and painful - it’s not everyday that you solve a basic societal necessity and at the same time change cultural norms. But the reward will be priceless. In our short journey we’ve validated this, as illustrated by these key figures:
- 96% of our investors are investing for the 1st time through Thndr.
- 54% come from outside of capital cities and have previously had limited access to financial institutions.
- 86% of new stock market investors in Egypt during 2022 came through Thndr.
- #1 platform in terms of local trades with 25% of EGX trades happening through Thndr.
We recently raised our Series A and our next steps as a company include the following:
- Continuing to focus on building the infrastructure. Sadly, existing solutions are outdated and don’t cater to scalable business.
- Expanding beyond Egypt and into the rest of MENA. We’d like to extend our impact to all Arabic speakers.
- Adding more products for people to invest in. To be relevant, we believe that we need to cater to all walks of life.
We’re still in the very early stages of our story, but we know for a fact that we won’t stop until everyone in MENA has equally opportunity to generate and grow their wealth in an ethical manner.
About The Role
We're looking for someone who will be excited to talk (mostly online) to our customers, and provide helpful information, answer their questions and resolve their issues. This person will be the front line of support for customers and their role will be to help ensure that customers are satisfied with products, services, and features.
What You'll Do
- Responding promptly to customer inquiries.
- Communicating with customers through various channels.
- Being able to juggle multiple inbounds from different customers.
- Acknowledging and resolving customer complaints.
- Keeping records of customer interactions, comments and complaints.
- Knowing our products inside and out so that you can answer questions, and make recommendations to customers.
- Communicating and coordinating with colleagues as necessary.
- Go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction.
What You'll Need
- Patience, empathy and communication skills.
- Ability to stay calm when customers are stressed or upset.
- Quick and enthusiastic learner.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Adaptability and accountability.
- Experience working with customer support is a plus.
- Finance background is a plus.
- Uncompromising integrity and strong dedication to professionalism.
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters.
- Fluency of Arabic and English.
- Fast and accurate typing skills in Arabic and English.
At Thndr, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes. We’re looking for people that are hungry to become agents of change and that understand the huge responsibility associated with dealing with people’s money.