At Thndr we believe that investing should be easy and accessible to everyone. We started our journey to democratize investment in the region by removing commissions, account opening minimums, and launching an intuitive platform with a focus on education. This way investing opportunities can be attainable to all, no matter their income level or expertise.
Thndr is an investment platform that aims to democratize access to investing for everyday individuals in MENA. For the people who use Thndr, our app represents a seamless way for them to achieve financial independence and growth, without the need to have prior financial knowledge or access to huge capital.
The company was formed to primarily address 2 problems: 1) Existing products are not relevant and 2) Financial literacy is low. We’re looking to solve this by focusing on education, offering a seamless and intuitive product, removing barriers and building an investment supermarket.
We launched in Egypt in late 2020 and currently allow our users to learn, connect & invest in the Egyptian Exchange, Egyptian mutual funds and the US Stock Market.
The journey ahead will be long and painful - it’s not everyday that you solve a basic societal necessity and at the same time change cultural norms. But the reward will be priceless. In our short journey we’ve validated this, as illustrated by these key figures:
- 96% of our investors are investing for the 1st time through Thndr.
- 54% come from outside of capital cities and have previously had limited access to financial institutions.
- 86% of new stock market investors in Egypt during 2022 came through Thndr.
- #1 platform in terms of local trades with 25% of EGX trades happening through Thndr.
We recently raised our Series A and our next steps as a company include the following:
- Continuing to focus on building the infrastructure. Sadly, existing solutions are outdated and don’t cater to scalable business.
- Expanding beyond Egypt and into the rest of MENA. We’d like to extend our impact to all Arabic speakers.
- Adding more products for people to invest in. To be relevant, we believe that we need to cater to all walks of life.
We’re still in the very early stages of our story, but we know for a fact that we won’t stop until everyone in MENA has equally opportunity to generate and grow their wealth in an ethical manner.
What You'll Do
- Collaborating closely with your Product and Engineering teams to own robust user experiences for various initiatives.
- Assisting with product development throughout all four stages of the double-diamond, from discovery to delivery.
- Your work will be versatile.
- Conducting user research, wireframe, building prototypes, maintaining design systems and delivering pixel-perfect designs.
- Engineering hand-off experience to ensure developers have everything they need to build the designed solution.
- Having adequate knowledge and hands-on experience in Atomic design systems.
- Having good knowledge of qualitative and quantitative user research.
- Having a very good knowledge of modern design trends and patterns.
What You'll Need
- A minimum of 2 years of proven experience as a product designer.
- Having adequate knowledge of Atomic design systems.
- Having an eye for design and detail-oriented.
- Adequate use of Figma for design and prototyping is a must.
- Experience working on design tokenization and Figma variables is a plus.
- Experience working with startups is a plus.
At Thndr, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes. We’re looking for people that are hungry to become agents of change and that understand the huge responsibility associated with dealing with people’s money.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying